I’ve released version 1.1 of my Thumbnail Viewer plugin, which still needs an official homepage. This release was prompted by a problem with showing the quicktag when authoring a new post or page. The quicktag wasn’t showing on WordPress 2.1 installations. So, as a result, WordPress 2.0.x is no longer supported by the Thumbnail Viewer plugin. If you want to use this plugin you’ll need WordPress 2.1 or later. Really, the plugin should still work with WordPress 2.0.x, however the quicktag won’t be available when writing a new post.
The above example was achieved with the following HTML:
<a href="http://www.longren.org/images/corn.jpg" rel="thumbnail" title="Some Corn"><img src="//www.longren.org/images/cornThumbnail.jpg" width="129" height="96" alt="Some Corn" /></a>
<a href="http://www.longren.org/images/crackerJacks.jpg" rel="thumbnail" title="Some Cracker Jacks!"><img src="//www.longren.org/images/crackerJacksThumbnail.jpg" width="98" height="123" alt="Some Cracker Jacks" /></a>
<a href="http://www.longren.org/images/peas.jpg" rel="thumbnail" title="Some Peas In A Pod"><img src="//www.longren.org/images/peasThumbnail.jpg" width="145" height="96" alt="Some Peas" /></a>
- Extract wp-thumbnailviewer folder from .zip to wp-contents/plugins/.
- Go to Plugins in WordPress dashboard and activate Thumbnail Viewer.
- That’s it! Write a new post to use the quicktag button or simply add rel=thumbnail to any link tag.
- Simply overwrite everything in wp-contents/plugins/wp-thumbnailviewer/ with everything in the wp-thumbnailviewer folder from the zip file.
- That’s it! You should now be using the latest Thumbnail Viewer WordPress plugin.
Well, now what?
Work with Me
I'm available for hire and always taking new clients, big and small. Got a project or an idea you'd like to discuss? Startup plan but no developer to make it happen? Just get in touch, I'd love to see if I can help you out!